Subject: ICIM: need a way to filter certs from peers

From: Ricky Charlet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:05:39 -0700

Howdy,

	In the ICIM I don't see where we could evaluate identities/credentials
from peers. For example, while doing IKE with RSA based authentication,
we will receive a cert from the peer and need to start using that peer's
public key to encrypt stuff that we send to the peer. 
	When we first receive that certificate from the peer, we need a way to
filter it through a list of checks. This would be very much like the
IdentityContexts attribute of the IKERule for choosing which of our
local identitiy/credential sets we would send out to a peer. But the
filtering needs to be done on the remote peers id/cert and we should be
able to abort IKE if the id/cert presented did not meet our criteria. 

-- 
  Ricky Charlet   : Redcreek Communications   : usa (510) 795-6903

---

From: "Lee Rafalow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:41:03 -0500

See CredentialFilterEntry.