Subject: Design meeting for IPSP architecture

From: "Abdallah Rayhan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:49:44 -0500

Hilarie, All,

As per your request I'm bringing to the list the main issues 
I have compiled so far, following up on the architecture 
discussions in San Diego and e-mailed feedback on my 
presentation. I suggest that these items need to be addressed 
in an interim design meeting. Please feel free to add your 
concerns or things I missed: 

  1- separating the policy requirements (e.g., tunneling topology) 
     from policy distribution (e.g., selectors and attributes) 
  2- confidentiality model for exchanged policy 
  3- trust model between gateways and/or policy domains 
  4- nested domains operations of discovery and resolution 
  5- discovery in a non-global addressing environment (where 
     IPSec tunnels enable use of private addresses) 

I also would like to have a conference call to have a live 
discussion on the open architectural issues and finalize 
the details of the interim meeting. 

When: Jan, 11, 2000 
Time: 11am (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) 
Phone Number: 1-613-765-3171
Passcode: 482222#
Duration: 3 hours 

If you intend to be on the call please let me know just to 
make sure that we have enough ports reserved.
 
regards
Abdallah