Subject: classification level filter objects

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 2001 10:28:12 -0800

The ClassificationLevelFilterEntry class defines a Level parameter
that the filter must match against.  I take it this is an exact match?
IE, if the packet's Classification level is not exactly equal to the
ClassificationLevelFilterEntry.Level value then it doesn't match?  (A
< or > operator might make some sense here, possibly as a separate
property dictating which to use (<, >, !=, ==).

-- 
Wes Hardaker
NAI Labs
Network Associates

---

From: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:23:11 +0100

Wes,

This is a good point. RFC2401 point 8.2 clearly talks about a RANGE
of sensitivity labels. So, the IPSOFilterEntry should
be changed to add a range (plus possibly ==).

BTW, I assumed that you are talking about the DMTF IPSOFilterEntry
because I cannot find ClassificationLevelFilterEntry in the current
DMTF model.

Regards

-eric

>property dictating which to use (<, >, !=, ==).

Eric Vyncke                        
Distinguished Engineer             Cisco Systems EMEA
Phone:  +32-2-778.4677             Fax:    +32-2-778.4300
E-mail: [email-masked]          Mobile: +32-475-312.458 (CHANGED)
PGP fingerprint: D35F BEF9 643F 656F 90F5  76C5 9CA1 C289 D398 B141

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 2001 14:38:56 -0800

>>>>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:23:11 +0100, Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]> said:

Eric> BTW, I assumed that you are talking about the DMTF
Eric> IPSOFilterEntry because I cannot find
Eric> ClassificationLevelFilterEntry in the current DMTF model.

It came from the draft-ietf-ipsp-config-policy-model-01 draft.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
NAI Labs
Network Associates