Subject: CONFIG MIB

From: "Casey Carr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:48:53 -0400

I have a couple of more comments on the IPSEC-POLICY-MIB:

1) Nit pick - shouldn't DFHandleing be DFHandling?
2) The ipsecAhTransformSet, ipsecEspTransformSet and ipsecIpcompTransformSet
objects in the IpsecProposalEntry are commented to indicate that they are
list of names for entries into the corresponding transform tables.
a. What are the lists of names separated with?  (comma, space,
semi-colon...)
b. Since the transform set objects are all defined with SnmpAdminString
syntax, and the transform names in the transform tables are also
SnmpAdminString syntax, then the list of names in the transform set could
conceivably contain more characters than the object can hold.
c. Why did you not use the same technique as FiltersInCondition to define
TransformsInProposals?

Thanks,
Casey

Principal Software Engineer
CipherOptics, Inc.
(919) 865-7304

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Apr 2001 09:06:30 -0700

>>>>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:48:53 -0400, "Casey Carr" <[email-masked]> said:

Casey> 1) Nit pick - shouldn't DFHandleing be DFHandling?

Yes.  Thanks.

Casey> 2) The ipsecAhTransformSet, ipsecEspTransformSet and
Casey> ipsecIpcompTransformSet objects in the IpsecProposalEntry are
Casey> commented to indicate that they are list of names for entries
Casey> into the corresponding transform tables.

We'll try and clarify that.  Most likely, we'll change how this
actually works.

Casey> c. Why did you not use the same technique as FiltersInCondition
Casey> to define TransformsInProposals?

Thats probably the better way to go, you're right.

I'll be (hopefully) working a lot on this MIB (again) in the next few
weeks.  The MIB was written in sections by a few different people, so
there are inconsistencies in how things are done in some places.
There are also other serious issues that need to be solved as well...
Any further comments you have would be greatly appreciated, of course.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
NAI Labs
Network Associates