Subject: Re: More on IPSEC-POLICY-MIB

From: "Hilarie Orman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:59:01 -0600

At the last IETF we invited this sort of discussion on the mailing list.

Hilarie

>>> "Casey Carr" <[email-masked]> 04/20/01 01:12PM >>>
Is this the correct forum for this stuff or should I be going directly to
the MIB authors?  I don't want to bore those not interested but is it
considered bad practice to do and end run around this mailing list?

 1. "pgIKEConditionListType DEFVAL( true )" should be either
"pgIKEConditionListType DEFVAL( or )" or "pgIKEConditionListType
DEFVAL( and )"
2. "ficFilterIsNegated" is defined but not include in the
"FiltersInConditionEntry"
2. The AntiReplay objects are defined inconsistently.  Should they all be
TruthValue syntax?
3. ipsecGroupId object in the IpsecActionEntry - should the syntax be
"IpsecGroupId" instead of  INTEGER?

My personal opinion is that the IpsecGroupId ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION would be
more appropriately named "DhGroupId".

Casey

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net