Subject: Credential Filter Entry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:42:39 -0400

Can someone please help me understand intended use of the 
CredentialFilterEntry, and possible give me examples of MatchFieldName and 
MatchField Value pairs?   One possible use I see is to reject or accept 
credentials based on some criteria like the RSA key size must be greater 
than 1024 bits or something similar for X.509 certs?  Are there any others 
or do I have the wrong interpretation?  Thanks.

PJ Kirner
Trilogy, Inc.

---

From: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:38:39 +0200

You are correct, the CredentialFilterEntry can be used to accept/reject 
Kerberos credential, or some specific issuer in the case of X.509 
certificate, hash or signature algorithms or key sizes, ...

But, I do expect that the most common use will be about the SubjectName of 
a X.509 certificate.

Hope this helps

-eric