Subject: questions on model/MIB

From: Robert Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:27:21 -0500

1) IKE Identity and IP Endpoints are both used to describe the local side
of things, right?

2) The policy model contains a PeerGateway and PeerIdentity, but I can't
find a corresponding table in the MIB. How would one define a gateway for a
peer using the MIB?

3) In the MIB, I also couldn't find an equivalent to the IPsecPolicyGroup.
The closest thing is the ipsecProposalTable, which I think is not the best
way to group policies.  It seems to me that having a primary index of
ipsecActionName limits reuse of rows. I also don't understand why the
second index is the proposal name, instead of priority. I think this table
needs major reconstruction. I have a few ideas, unless someone has a good
explanation for the current incarnation of the table.

---

From: "Lee Rafalow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:00:51 -0500

> 1) IKE Identity and IP Endpoints are both used to describe the local side

Yes.

Lee M. Rafalow
Voice: 1-919-254-4455, Fax: 1-919-254-6243
IBM Internet Technology Management
IBM Corporation
P.O. Box 12195, BRQA/502
RTP, NC 27709 USA
Alternate email: [email-masked]
Personal email: [email-masked]