Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:18:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Remote Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PIC, A Pre-IKE Credential Provisioning Protocol
	Author(s)	: Y. Sheffer, H. Krawczyk, B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-06.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2002-10-9
	
This document presents a Pre-IKE Credential (PIC) provisioning protocol.
PIC is a method to bootstrap IPsec authentication via an 'Authentication
Server' (AS) and user authentication mechanisms such as RADIUS. PIC
happens before IKE (the Internet Key Exchange protocol).  The client
machine communicates with the AS using a key exchange protocol where
only the server is authenticated, and the derived keys are used to
protect the user authentication.  Once the user is authenticated, the
client machine obtains credentials from the AS that can be later used to
authenticate the client in a standard IKE exchange, with no user
intervention. The proposed key exchange is based on ISAKMP (the Internet
Security Association and Key Management Protocol), similar to a
simplified IKE exchange. Arbitrary user authentication is supported via
the use of EAP (the PPP Extensible Authentication Protocol).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.