Subject: RE: [IPTEL] A proposal for moving iptel forward

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:03:48 -0600

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 6:53 PM
> To: list iptel
> Subject: [IPTEL] A proposal for moving iptel forward
> 
> 
[snip]
> 
> With advocates in each camp (primarily the authors). We made an attempt
> to get around this impasse through requirements work, but there was not
> sufficient working group effort expended to bear fruit in that
> direction. So, the result has been no progress.
> 

One hates to be a naysayer, but I find myself saying nay nonetheless, if
only because I feel that discussion of the trunk-group model we were batting
around was fairly lively before we all fell into the Abyss of Bis.

In any event, I did take some time to put together an I-D summarizing what I
perceived to be the results of that discussion - but if the group is really
happy with the current proposals, then I won't be disappointed if the I-D is
ignored. I certainly know that we'd like to close this WG.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc. 
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:38:38 -0500

"Peterson, Jon" wrote:

> ignored. I certainly know that we'd like to close this WG.

Jon, please feel free to submit the draft. The decision I am asking for
is not to take the draft as is, but rather to accept is as a work item,
and work on it under the assumption of a trip framework.
Addition/removal of attributes, address families, models for trunk
groups, and so on, are exactlly the things we need to finish fleshing
out. I suspect that is the stuff of your draft, and such things would be
most appreciated.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel