Subject: [IPTEL] Some queries on TRIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:33:10 +0530

Hello friends,

Could someone clarify some of my queries as given below w.r.t RFC 3219.

3.2 Database exchanges

In case of internal peers, all routes in the Ext-TRIB and all Adj-TRIB-In
are to be dumped when a new peer comes up.  The 'all Adj-TRIB-In' here
appears to mean the Adj-TRIB-In for internal peers only. Is it correct ?

10.1.4 Sequence Number Considerations

When the sequence number is MaxSequenceNum-1 and it needs to be increased,
then the TRIB module of the LS must be 'disabled' for a period of
TripDisableTime so that all routes originated by this LS with high sequence
numbers can be removed.

I am not able to interpret the above.

Tie-Breaking

Is the rule of selecting the 'lowest' ITAD No./TRIP Identifier based on
some special consideration?  I mean couldn't the 'highest' figure been
considered ?

Update Message handling

If the new route is more specific than an earlier route contained in the
Adj-TRIB-In and has identical attributes, then no further action is
necessary.

Does it mean that both the routes are kept in Adj-TRIB -In ? If yes, what
could be the benefits of such an action?

Thanks in anticipation,
Rakesh.

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel