Subject: [IPTEL] (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:24:10 -0500

To: 
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, IANA <[email-masked]>,
	Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Protocol Action: CPL: A Language for User Control of Internet
	 Telephony Services to Proposed Standard
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:23:39 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'CPL: A Language for User
Control of Internet Telephony Services' <draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-06.txt>
as a Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the IP
Telephony Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin
and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
  The Call Processing Language (CPL) is a language that can be used to
  describe and control Internet telephony services. It is designed to be
  implementable on either network servers or user agent servers. It is meant
  to be simple, extensible, easily edited by graphical clients, and
  independent of operating system or signaling protocol. It is suitable for
  running on a server where users may not be allowed to execute arbitrary
  programs, as it has no variables, loops, or ability to run external
  programs. It is not tied to any particular signaling architecture or
  protocol; it is anticipated that it will be used with both SIP and H.323.

  Implementations of the CPL are expected to take place both in Internet
  telephony servers and in advanced clients; both can usefully process and
  direct users' calls. This document primarily addresses the usage in
  servers. A mechanism will be needed to transport scripts between clients
  and servers; this document does not describe such a mechanism, but related
  documents will.

Working Group Summary

  This document has working group consensus and no issues were raised
  during IETF last-call.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:37:12 -0500

At long last, CPL has been approved as an RFC! Great work, everyone. 

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel