Subject: [Iptel] Re: IANA section of 2806bis and a few other things

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:12:39 -0500

I finally updated the draft; it will appear in the archives shortly. 
Until then, you can find it at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/rfc2806bis/draft-ietf-iptel-rfc2806bis-03.html
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/rfc2806bis/draft-ietf-iptel-rfc2806bis-03.txt

Last-minute comments are welcome...

Cullen Jennings wrote:

> I was giving this one final read. I apologize for not getting to it sooner.
> 
> Can you all (Jonathan too) have a look at the IANA section - my take is that
> it is probably not enough to create a new registry. It should probably also
> have instructions to update the tel in the URI-Scheme registry to point at
> this RFC. Have a read of it and let me know what you think.
> 
> My take was that nothing came up in the user=phone debate that would result
> in a change to 2806bis. If folks feel otherwise, object really really soon.
> 
> It's a NIT but the phone numbers seem to mostly be real numbers. I don't
> know the equivalent of example.com is but some carriers in +1  use 999 as an
> invalid area code. The 555 area code is reserved for information services so
> won't ever point at some poor unfortunate subscriber who gets the number
> shown in an RFC. I suspect this could change in Auth 48.
> 
> The only place that the Yu tel extension stuff comes up (reference 13) seems
> to be in the "Change History" section. I think you could drop that section
> and this reference. This could happen in Auth 48.
> 
> Cullen
> 

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: "Nalini Kumar D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:26:13 +0530

Hi Henning,

 ========================
10. IANA Considerations
IANA is requested to update the reference to RFC 2608 in the URI scheme
registry for the 'tel' scheme to this document.

 ========================

You probably mean RFC 2806 in the above line in the draft.

-DN Kumar.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henning Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Jonathan Rosenberg" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 6:42 AM
Subject: [Iptel] Re: IANA section of 2806bis and a few other things

> Until then, you can find it at
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/rfc2806bis/draft-ietf-iptel-rfc2806bis-
03.html
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/rfc2806bis/draft-ietf-iptel-rfc2806bis-
03.txt