Subject: [Iptel] Adapting to RFC 3966

From: "Nadav Golombick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:46:25 +0200

Hi,

Currently, my application is adapted to RFC 2806. Since there are a few
conflicts between the two RFCs, I was hoping that someone else has
attempted to support both RFCs. If so, can you give me a few suggestions
as how you solved the conflicts.

Thanks,

Nadav Golombick

Software Engineer

Tel:          +972 3 7666421

Fax:         +972 3 6474681

Email:       [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

www.radcom.com <http://www.radcom.com/> 

www.protocols.com <http://www.protocols.com/> 

Come see us at 3GSM, Barcelona.

13-16 February 2006, Booth C45.

"The 3G future is already visible." 

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:17:04 +0000

Hi there,
  It is hard to give a specific answer without you spelling out exactly
what you see as the problems in your program with 3966 support.

In general, don't try to support 2806. It is a bad idea.
The update was to fix some features that did not interwork well,
as everyone interpreted them differently. From experience, "pure"
2806 support is a road to pain during integration/interworking tests.

Of course, if you're after fax: or data:, you're out of luck, but on
the tel: side, 3966 is MUCH clearer, IMHO.

atb,
   L