Subject: [Iptel] Fwd: Questions regarding tel: URI

From: parveen jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:03:15 +0530

Hi All,

   I have some question regarding the role of  proxy/Registrar in case they
receives a request containing <tel:> URI .

    Is it possible to get the <tel:> URI  in messages other then INVITE and
REGISTER or in responses of any type?

   1. From RFC 3261 it has been mentioned that <tel:> URI could be
   present in REQUEST URI , FROM and TO header, and only for REGISTER method it
   could be in CONTACT header. Is it possible to get it in any other header
   except from these?
   2. Is it alright from implementation point of view to register the
   <tel:> URI's just like sip URI .
   3. if the answer of previous question is yes, then if we are storing
   only <tel:> URI of a sip-phone/ PSTN-gateway , how is it possible to map
   <tel:> URI to sip uri if the proxy have no prior information about sip URI
   of that endpoint .

in my opinion the sip-phone/PSTN-gateway must have to register there sip
URI's with DNS by any other mean and proxy can contact that DNS for any
mapping using ENUM, please correct me if I am wrong ?

any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated .Please excuse if I
had not formed my question's well.

Thanks & Regards,

Parveen
_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel