Subject: [Iptel] draft-rosen-iptel-dialstring-06

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:45:10 -0500

I have updated the draft, hopefully for the last time.

I replaced the ABNF with that suggested by Paul.  It is not legal, in my
opinion, to have just a pause/wait as a dialstring, and so I used the
version he supplied which does not allow that construction.

With regard to the text on translation of a dialstring to a phone number, I
tried to craft compromise language which would meet the point raised by
Richard, and subsequently discussed by Francois and Tom, plus the
observation by Paul.

That paragraph now reads:
  A proxy server or Back to Back User Agent (B2BUA) [RFC3261] which is
  authoritative for the context may translate the dial string to a
  telephone number or service invocation URI.  The telephone number MAY
  be expressed as a global or local tel: URI, or it MAY be left as a
  sip: or sips: URI with the URI parameter value changed from
  "user=dialstring" to "user=phone".

Note that this allows translation to a tel:, which Richard asked for.  It
leaves the text from the original that details the change in the URI
parameter.  I deleted the line about when the translation is done, observing
that the first line of the paragraph states "which is authoritative for the
context", which seems to meet the needs of Tom and Francois.
"Authoritative" may not be the best word, but I think it conveys the correct
intent.  "which understands" would be slightly more general, but less
informative I think.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel