Subject: [Isis-wg] New ID: draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:21:25 +0300

Hello, all

A new I-D that can be interesting for
the OSPF and IS-IS WGs has been submitted
to the IETF directories :

"Guidelines for Efficient LSA Refreshment in OSPF"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt

The abstract section from the I-D follows:

   OSPF, an IGP widely deployed in IP networks today, requires each LSA
   to be refreshed by the originating router every 30 minutes.  This
   method increases the protocol's robustness and solves potential
   problems that may be caused by software bugs, as well as some
   properties of the protocol itself. Though OSPF expects each LSA to be
   refreshed independently, ABRs and ASBRs tend to originate Type 3/4/5
   LSAs within a short period of time, thus causing periodical network
   resource exhaustion by LSA refreshments.  This document discusses the
   techniques that can be used to remedy this problem and provide smooth
   protocol operation. It must be noted that discussed methods can be
   applied to other link-state routing protocols, such as IS-IS.

I would like to encourage everyone to send their comments, corrections
and questions. Please use the address of the OSPF WG list
([email-masked]) for postings. It is ok to send the notes
to me directly. ALSO, anyone feeling [s]he can contribute something
to the document is welcomed to co-author.

Best regards,
Alex.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg