Subject: [Isis-wg] CLV encoding for Integrated ISIS...

From: navaneeth K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:35:47 -0800

Hi...

Keeping aside the conflicting codes for th CLV encoding for authentication in ISO 10589 and RFC 1195, What about the other CLVs? Are the codes given in RFC 1195, being used in implementations? Do we have any documents wihich give us a list of codes to be used for the variable length fields to be encoded using CLV?
Any help in this regard is most welcome.

-Thanx
Navaneeth.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:35:22 -0800

|  Keeping aside the conflicting codes for th CLV encoding for
|  authentication in ISO 10589 and RFC 1195, What about the other CLVs? Are
|  the codes given in RFC 1195, being used in implementations? Do we have
|  any documents wihich give us a list of codes to be used for the variable
|  length fields to be encoded using CLV? 

Yes, the other codes specified in RFC 1195 are in use.  Note that I don't
think any of them has been ratified by ISO, but they've not objected
either.

ISO 10589 and RFC 1195 are the current definitive sources for TLV code
points.

Tony