Subject: [Isis-wg] comments on <draft-ietf-isis-traffic-01.txt>

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 15:33:04 -0500

Did some more carefull reading and here comments:

   * please use either "octets" or "bytes" consistently, confusing to
     have both strawn across the  draft (or is there some subtle
     difference I'm missing ?)

   *            4 bytes of metric information
                1 byte of control information, consisting of
                        1 bit of up/down information
                        1 bit indicating the existence of sub-TLVs
                        6 bits of prefix length

         you may need to spell out which bits are what, is up/down least
     or most significant bit ?

   * sub-TLV format is not given, since all the sub-tlvs have fixed
     length is the length field contained in sub-tlv format or not, so
     e.g. for sub-tlv 3 is it

        byte 1    3
        byte 2-5  4 bytes ad-group

    or

        byte 1    3
        byte 2    4  (length)
        byte 3-6  4 bytes ad-group ?

    First is denser, 2nd is extensible (sub-sub-TLVs ?) and consistent
with today's TLV encoding. Please spell out which is used in the draft

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg