Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] Doubt regarding PtPtCircId

From: Mike Shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:15:51 +0100

At 14:31 05/04/2000 +0530, SelvarajR wrote:
>But that section is totally left out in the 10589 1998 draft. This I'm
>mentioning just to consider while taking corrective action in the draft.

Which just goes to show that you should not believe ANYTHING you read in 
the so called 1998 draft.

I think the strategy being adopted is to ignore the 1998 draft, but start 
with the original 1992 standard, and apply all the defect reports etc. to 
that.

         Mike

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Rajesh Varadarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:39:06 -0400 (EDT)

This misunderstanding of using one draft vs the other has happened
*multiple* times in the mailing list.

It would be useful to have a pointer to the ISO document that is to be 
used for reference at the IETF web site or at a place which is *freely*
accessible. This will for hopefully avoid this type of
misunderstanding so that people know what version of the standard to
implement to.

For ISO liasons or WG chairs - Would ISO would make it available
for use for the IETF community for *free* :) along with the defect reports
that are relevant for ISIS.

thanks,
rajesh