Subject: [Isis-wg] Doubt regarding PtPtCircId

From: SelvarajR <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:10:39 +0530

Hi 

Please, could any of you tell the use of PtPtCircId in  Integrated ISIS MIB. This object is mentioned in the circuit Table.
The standard has mentioned some negotiation process for that. But I find it is no where used in the Protocol.

SELVA

---

From: Mike Shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:11:21 +0100

At 12:10 05/04/2000 +0530, SelvarajR wrote:
>Hi
>
>Please, could any of you tell the use of PtPtCircId in  Integrated ISIS 
>MIB. This object is mentioned in the circuit Table.

8.2.4.2 sub-clause (d) (if the circuit ID changes drop the adjacency).

You are right that this is not ever SENT in the protocol. The local circuit 
ID is used for that. But the existing value is checked against the newly 
computed value (based on the value of the other nodes's local circuit ID 
carried in the protocol.

         Mike

>SELVA

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg