Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] Doubt regarding PtPtCircId

From: SelvarajR <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:31:02 +0530

But that section is totally left out in the 10589 1998 draft. This I'm 
mentioning just to consider while taking corrective action in the draft.

Thanks

SELVA

-----Original Message-----
From:	Mike Shand [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wednesday, April 05, 2000 1:41 PM
To:	SelvarajR; 'ISIS-WG'
Subject:	Re: [Isis-wg] Doubt regarding PtPtCircId

At 12:10 05/04/2000 +0530, SelvarajR wrote:
>Hi
>
>Please, could any of you tell the use of PtPtCircId in  Integrated ISIS
>MIB. This object is mentioned in the circuit Table.
>The standard has mentioned some negotiation process for that. But I find
>it is no where used in the Protocol.

8.2.4.2 sub-clause (d) (if the circuit ID changes drop the adjacency).

You are right that this is not ever SENT in the protocol. The local circuit 
ID is used for that. But the existing value is checked against the newly
computed value (based on the value of the other nodes's local circuit ID
carried in the protocol.

         Mike

>SELVA

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg