Subject: [Isis-wg] Behavior upon new adjacency

From: DAUVERGNE Emmanuel FTRD/DAC/ISS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 19:09:02 +0200

Hello,

A few questions regarding the Update Process and the Decision Process upon
new adjacency event.

1. Update Process :
Upon an LSP generation (either a periodic regeneration or an event driven
generation), ISO10589 indicates that the LSP(s) shall be sent on every
circuit with an IS adjacency of the appropriate level, by setting the
SRMFlag on each circuits.

In the case of an new adjacency (event driven generation), is there any
restriction regarding the circuit corresponding to this new adjacency which
has triggered the generation of the LSP? According to the spec, the LSP
shall be sent on that circuit as well, but is it recommended to wait for a
certain time before sending routing information through that new adjacency?

In that same case what chronological order should be respected between the
sending of LSP and CSNP (p2p link)? 

2. Decision Process :
ISO10589 indicates that any topological change (notified by the update
process) can trigger an SPF calculation.
Is a new adjacency considered as a topological change? Shouldn't the local
router wait for the LSP of the new adjacent router before triggering the SPF
calculation? 

Thanks for your time
Manu

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg