Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 2966 on Domain-wide Prefix Distribution

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:56:52 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2966

        Title:	    Domain-wide Prefix Distribution with Two-Level
                    IS-IS 
        Author(s):  T. Li, T. Przygienda, H. Smit
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32465
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    none

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-domain-wide-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2966.txt

This document describes extensions to the Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol to support optimal routing within
a two-level domain.  The IS-IS protocol is specified in ISO 10589,
with extensions for supporting IPv4 (Internet Protocol) specified in
RFC 1195.
 
This document extends the semantics presented in RFC 1195 so that a
routing domain running with both level 1 and level 2 Intermediate
Systems (IS) [routers] can distribute IP prefixes between level 1 and
level 2 and vice versa.  This distribution requires certain
restrictions to insure that persistent forwarding loops do not form.
The goal of this domain-wide prefix distribution is to increase the
granularity of the routing information within the domain.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.  

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.