Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 2973 on IS-IS Mesh Groups

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:59:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2973

        Title:	    IS-IS Mesh Groups
        Author(s):  R. Balay, D. Katz, J. Parker
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14846
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    none

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-wg-mesh-group-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2973.txt

This document describes a mechanism to reduce redundant packet
transmissions for the Intermediate System to Intermediate System
(IS-IS) Routing protocol, as described in ISO 10589.  The described
mechanism can be used to reduce the flooding of Link State PDUs
(Protocol Data Units) (LSPs) in IS-IS topologies.  The net effect is
to engineer a flooding topology for LSPs which is a subset of the
physical topology.  This document serves to document the existing
behavior in deployed implementations. 
 
The document describes behaviors that are backwards compatible
with implementations that do not support this feature.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.