Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] do we need a session this time ?

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:23:50 +0100 (MET)

> We asked to accept the flooding optimization draft
> as the WG item. If the answer is positive and there's
> enough interest I could present it.

Now that you asked often enough, let's make it a work-group
item ;-) 

I would expect the thing to hang in draft until 

	1) we got some implemenation experience 
	2) the flooding optimization discussion clicks into
	   place since that can prove to be a subset, incompatible
	3) competing proposals show up (if any) and are resolved

BTW, requested a slot today & will start to compile agenda
one of these days

	--- tony

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 12:10:36 -0800

Tony,

> Now that you asked often enough, let's make it a work-group

;)
Great, I will resubmit the draft as such.

>         1) we got some implemenation experience

Another approach would be to make it experimental to
encourage ppl implement it.

>         3) competing proposals show up (if any) and are resolved

Agree. I would suggest setting a deadline for the last 2 items.

Alex.

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 22:40:22 +0100 (MET)

> encourage ppl implement it.

nope, implementation experience first, this is too critical
to put it into experimental if it's broken anywhere. You're 
toying with flooding here and flooding is bastardly hard to
get right just "thinking through" stuff. Don't even try for the
"it's optional" argument, even optional proposed broken extensions
to flooding procedures can cause havoc easily since it just takes
one young cookie to implement the stuff withouh questioning 
the quality of the RFC. 

> Agree. I would suggest setting a deadline for the last 2 items.

We're tuned into ongoing discussions on both of the items and 
Tony & me will decide when these things are in a reasonable 
shape or fizzled out. no dates ...

	-- tony

---

From: "Carl W. Kalbfleisch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:52:25 -0600

Whatever happened to the ISIS MIB? 

Carl

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Alex Zinin
> Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 2:11 PM
> To: Tony Przygienda
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] do we need a session this time ?
> 
> 
> 
> Tony,
>

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:12:43 -0800

Tony,

OK. Let's start from there.

-- 
Alex Zinin