Subject: [Isms] proposal comparison I-D

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:48:56 +0100

Dear all,

The evaluation team has completed its work.
It took longer than expected (as so many IETF tasks),
but now they delivered us a comparison of the three proposals
and give a recommendation on how the WG should proceed.

I thank all team members for their excellent work, and
Randy and Lakshminath for acting as document editors.

The I-D was just submitted today.  For all who do not want
to wait until it gets posted officially by the end of the
week, I put a copy at:

<ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-proposal-comparison-00.txt>

Please have a look at it and let's start a (certainly
controversial) discussion on it as soon as possible.

The recommendations in section 3 provide a lot
of useful input to shaping a WG agenda.

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]       Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:54:37 +0100

> and give a recommendation on how the WG should proceed.

I just read the output produced by the evaluation team. I very much 
like the architectural analysis and the way the document is written.
I was definitely worth to wait a bit longer for this well prepared
analysis to show up.

I can very well support the overall recommendation. EUSM addresses 
an important part of the overall problem space, namely integration 
with external AAA servers. I believe it is good to focus the ISMS
effort in this direction.

Thanks to all people involved in the evaluation.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany