Subject: RE: [Isms] securityName

From: "Blumenthal, Uri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:58:56 -0400

> Retrieving the actual VACM table entries is not something that ISMS
> needs to solve, IMHO.  As you say, these tend to be relatively static,
> based on pre-defined roles, such as Help Desk Support vs. Network
> Administrator. 

*Retrieving* VACM table entries isn't something that needs to be solved
*here*, IMHO.

Providing a sure-to-work not-burdensome way to do the mapping - is,
IMHO.   

And we should realize that until *both* SM and ACM issues are resolved
somehow, there will be no deployment (by those who want to reuse
existing configs and not to bother with extras).

> I do think that the *binding* of the securityName to
> whatever "name" might be used to index locally stored access control
> rules should be provided as part of the authentication method.

Yes. 

Plus guidance that tells people (most of who want no-touch config) what
entries they must insert into VACM tables to make this working.

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms