Subject: [Isms] WG status

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:08:34 +0200

Dear all,

We still have two tasks to complete by the and of August:
  - achieving consensus on two direction decisions
      1. The ISMS WG will work on one transport protocol only
      2. ISMS will use SSH as transport protocol
  - achieving rough consensus on our new charter

Ken and I sense consensus on decision 1.
Concerning decision 2 we had a discussion on using BEEP
instead of SSH or in addition to it.

The most often stated argument in favor of BEEP was better support
for a feature that named "call home".  Since this is not a function
SNMP currently supports, Ken and I fully agree with Sam that this
cannot be a key argument for our discussion. Extending SNMP by
features not related to security is out of the scope of ISMS (and
of the security area).

For getting closer to consensus I would like to know which other
arguments against SSH or for BEEP (or other alternatives) should
be considered.

Thanks,

    Juergen

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms