Subject: [Isms] ssh draft in progress?

From: Robert Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:06:26 -0400

There were lots of volunteers at the Paris meeting to work on a ssh draft for
further analysis. I was just wondering if they had gotten together and work
was actually progressing. We are rapidly approaching our deadline...

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:08:49 -0400

Hi Robert,

Most volunteers did not want to have to worry about formatting the
document and so on, so I have taken on the role of being primary
editor. I have written an initial draft, filled in much of the
boilerplate information and the introduction. 

I asked the SSH-knowledgeable volunteers to review RFC3411 and the
TMSM document so we will all understand the SNMP requirements, and
JuergenS and I have been studying the SSH documents and RADIUS
documents so we can understand the capabilities/messages of these
security protocols.

I have organized the document sections indicating what needs to be
discussed, using the USM Security Model RFC as a guideline, filled in
much of the discussions about threats and security capabilities of the
model, and identified which elements of procedure we will need to
write for the model. I have, as best I could, started identifying the
sources for the tmStateReference values. Obviously, I have also been
trying to drive discussion of the "available integrations" of SSH and
RADIUS so we could determine the best approach to extarcting values
for securityname and other parameters from the SSH and RADIUS
standards and implementation-assumptions.

Many of the sections needed for the USM document are unnecessary
because the topics are already discussed in the TMSM document (the
best place since the issues would apply to all TMSM models). I have
been expanding the TMSM document, and JuergenS has done a review of
the current TMSM sources, made some adjustments there, and begun to
set up a source control system so we can all contribute.

I sent out the initial SSH Security Model draft to the other editors
for review on Friday.

David Harrington
[email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Robert Story
> Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 12:06 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Isms] ssh draft in progress?
>