Subject: [Isms] draft agenda for Vancouver meeting

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:33:55 +0200

Dear all,

Below please find the draft agenda for our meeting
in Vancouver. If you have any comments, please contact
Juergen Schoenwaelder or myself.

Thanks,

    Juergen Q.

============================================
Integrated Security Model for SNMP WG (isms)

Tuesday November 8 at 1300-1500
===============================
´
CHAIRS: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
        Juergen Quittek       <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  1) Administrivia, Agenda bashing                 ( 5 min)

  2) Report from the RADEXT meeting                (10 min)

  3) Discussion of SSH model open issues           (50 min)
     - draft-ietf-isms-secshell-00.txt

  4) Discussion of TMSM open issues                (50 min)
     - draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-00.txt

  5) Wrap up                                       ( 5 min)
     - review of action points

INTERNET DRAFTS:

- Secure Shell Security Model for SNMP
  <draft-ietf-isms-secshell-00.txt>

- Transport Mapping Security Model (TMSM) for the Simple Network
  Management Protocol
  <draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-00.txt>

RELATED DRAFTS:

- RADIUS NAS-Management Authorization
  <draft-nelson-radius-management-authorization-02.txt>

- SNMP Agent Discovery under SSH Transport
  <draft-miao-isms-sshsm-discovery-00.txt>

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:04:13 -0400

Hi.  Are there any of the issues on ssh where it might be useful to
have a short presentations?  

For example we've seen a lot of confusion around what identities ssh
uses here and the asymmetry between client and server.

Do people now understand ssh well enough or would it be worth taking
meeting time to discuss this?

--Sam as an individual

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:38:10 +0100

> meeting time to discuss this?

Personally, I prefer to work through the open issues we have and to
receive spontaneous education by SSH experts whenever we identify a
topic where we need training. It is difficult for me to say upfront
where we will need such help. (I personally believe the asymmetry is
now much better understood than a few weeks ago.)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany