Subject: [Isms] #24: How should we enable auto-discovery?

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:03:07 -0400

David Harrington
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Miao Fuyou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:03:00 +0800

One new draft is just released. It is my observation to SSH discovery. The
URL is. 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miao-isms-sshsm-discovery-00.txt

Abstract
This document discusses several possible mechanisms of SNMP engine 
discovery when SSH is deployed as transport mapping for SNMP. The 
document proposes a discovery mechanism using UDP transport and User 
Based Security Model(USM) with a feature of SSH host key distribution. 
The mechanism tries to reduce discovery cost and in the same time 
improve SSH host key distribution efficiency. 

The draft is in "discussion" nature. Maybe there is text that is 
implementation-related, but the author believes it was not specific 
to a certain implementation. 

David gave some valuable comments, but I am sorry I had not enough time to
incorporate all the comments into the draft because of cut-off date. One
issue, dynamic snmpEngineID, had be made clear on mailing list. 

Miao

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of David B Harrington
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 6:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Isms] #24: How should we enable auto-discovery?

David Harrington
[email-masked]