Subject: [Isms] SSHSM pre-release

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:14:49 -0400

Hi,

We need reviews to both TMSM and SSHSM drafts at this point to make
sure that the big decisions we have made have been applied properly to
the documents, and that we haven't overlooked any important factors
while doing the design. (That's not an open invitation to recommend
unnecessary, nifty-to-have new features). Please read the minutes of
the last IETF meeting if you don't know what big decisions we have
reached consensus on; we reviewed them at that meeting.

To make progress, I had to "interpret" how some of the decisions would
apply, so you should definitely look at how I interpreted some of the
"ripples" from the WG decisions.

The TMSM I-D was published a week or two ago. I believe it is in
fairly good shape.

I'm still working on the SSHSM draft. It's heavy going; I've gotten
most of the expository text updated. I'll post it here for the WG to
be able to review it at this stage while I keep working on it. I'll
try to get an official I-D published by the end of next week. The
attached file doesn't pass id-nits because of some references and
miscellaneous stuff that will be fixed in the I-D.

We've addressed the big issues in the WG; now we need to get into the
details.

I am now working on the elements of procedure for SSHSM, where we need
to define the sequence of necessary steps, and where the data to
perform each step comes from, including the MIB module definitions. I
am finding that the tmsmSessionTable needs to be used by the EOP to
lookup info on the session at a point where the EOP has no knowledge
of a sessionID. We will almost certainly need to change the indices
for the table. The transportDomain and transportAddress need to be
added to generateRequest() and generateResponse() so the MPSP has the
address when finding an existing session to use. Knowing who an
existing session is connected to is somewhat important ;-)

Enjoy reading.

David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms