Subject: Re: [Isms] WGLC: radius-usage-04

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:02:45 -0500

--On Monday, January 05, 2009 04:48:22 PM -0500 David Harrington 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> s/as defined in [rfc3579]/as defined in "RADIUS (Remote Authentication
> Dial In User Service) Support For Extensible Authentication Protocol
> (EAP) [RFC3579]/

Or even

"The Message-Authenticator (80) attribute [RFC3579] SHOULD be used with 
RADIUS messages that are described in this memo."

And similarly,

%s/The SNMP architecture, as described in RFC 3411 [RFC3411],/The SNMP 
architecture [RFC3411]/g

> Is this Informative or Normative? To follow the advice given here, one
> would need to know rfc3579.

Yes, I believe this reference is normative in nature.  So is the reference 
to RFC5080.

On the other hand, the references to RFC4252 and to isms-secshell are both 
informative in nature.

-- Jeff
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:14:02 -0500

Hi,

Thanks Jeff, for making me notice this additional point ... 

s/The SNMP Architecture/The RFC3411 Architecture/
(RFC3411 defines "An Architecture", not "The Architecture" for
Describing SNMP Frameworks. This was a deliberate choice per consensus
of the SNMPv3 WG.)

I notice that I missed the closing quote in my suggested change for
/as defined in [RFC3579]/

dbh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeffrey Hutzelman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 5:03 PM
> To: David Harrington; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Isms] WGLC: radius-usage-04
>