Subject: [Isms] draft ietf 74 meeting minutes

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:10:59 +0100

Hi,

I am attaching the minutes of yesterday's meeting. Please check that
everything has been recorded accurately. Special thanks to Juergen
Quittek for taking notes and jabbering concurrently and Bert Wijnen
for running the meeting.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:31:29 -0700

JS> - Secure Shell Transport Model for SNMP [3]
  
JS> This draft caused a lot of discussion in the last months,
JS> particularly concerning the transmission of a user name. Wes is not
JS> sure that a WG consensus has been reached. However, this document is
JS> considered to be ready for AD review. No concerns were sated in the
JS> session.

This is definitely *not* what I said.  I said that I'm confident that WG
consensus on the technical issues has happened and that the previous
discussions were surrounding wording of that consensus only.  I believe
that the current text, as read by the working group members that have
read it, is left to just minor editorial issues.

JS> David Harrington: I think this RADIUS support for access control is
JS> very important. A poll at NANOG showed up RADIUS integration as the
JS> most wanted feature.

David said "second most wanted feature" (ssh being the first).

(Comment from me on that: the survey I did had two different elements to
it, one was about authentication and one was about transport.  Sometimes
references to that survey tend to blur the survey into one result list,
when it should really be two.)
-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:11:29 +0200

> read it, is left to just minor editorial issues.

Yes, I should have noticed that. I fixed this and uploaded revised
minutes.
 
> David said "second most wanted feature" (ssh being the first).

Fixed as well.

/js