Subject: [Isms] Last Call: draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:59:32 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the Integrated Security Model for 
SNMP WG (isms) to consider the following document:

- 'Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for Simple 
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models '
   <draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-04-21. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-05.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16427&rfc_flag=0

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:26:06 -0400

On March 9, 2009 Alan DeKok wrote...

>    Security Section:
> 
>    There are good reasons to provision USM access so supplement with
>    AAA-based access, however.
> 
> 
>  NIT: This doesn't appear to be a sentence.

Yeah.  Let's see what that was supposed to say...  I think it's:

    There are good reasons to provision USM access to supplement
    AAA-based access, however.

ISMS decided to handle this late WG Last Call comment as IETF Last Call
input, so I'm re-posting the message now.