Subject: [Isms] mib module names and mib copyright statements

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:45:21 +0200

Hi,

it was suggested that the MIB module name SSHTM-MIB in the secshell
draft should be prefixed with "SNMP-" since all SNMP related MIB
modules have this "SNMP-" prefix. Given the way existing SNMP MIB
module names were constructed, it seems the naming scheme most
consistent with the SNMPv3 standards would be:

- SNMP-SSH-TM-MIB       (instead of SSHTM-MIB)
- SNMP-TRANSPORT-SM-MIB (instead of SNMP-TSM-MIB)

We also have to include the new verbose copyright boilerplate text in
all MIB modules; this affects two of our documents.

I don't think any of this is controversial.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:51:20 -0700

>>>>> On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:45:21 +0200, Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]> said:

JS> - SNMP-SSH-TM-MIB       (instead of SSHTM-MIB)
JS> - SNMP-TRANSPORT-SM-MIB (instead of SNMP-TSM-MIB)
...
JS> I don't think any of this is controversial.

Agreed it's a good idea, just to add a +1
-- 
Wes Hardaker
SPARTA National Security Sector
Cobham Analytic Solutions