Subject: [Isms] Protocol Action: 'Transport Security Model for SNMP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 07:26:44 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transport Security Model for SNMP '
   <draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Pasi Eronen and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model-14.txt

Technical Summary

   The document defines a Transport Security Model for the Simple
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for use with secure Transport
   Models in the Transport Subsystem. The document also defines a
   portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for monitoring and
   managing the Transport Security Model for SNMP.

Working Group Summary

   The document did stabilize several revisions ago and has mainly
   been updated recently to track clarifications. There has been WG
   consensus on revision 12 of this document and there were no
   controversies on the technical solution since the IETF meeting in
   Dublin.

Document Quality

   There are two known implementations in progress of the Transport
   Security Model. A concrete SSH subsystem has been worked out by the
   ISMS working group and a DTLS subsystem is in progress as an
   individual draft and it seems the Transport Security Model defined
   in this document is capable to support both secure transports.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Juergen Schoenwaelder, and the responsible
   area director is Pasi Eronen.