Subject: Three new IDs submitted (correct)

From: Roberto Mameli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:49:12 +0100

Sorry, the previous message was not complete...

Dear all,

we have submitted three ID related to the Intserv operation over
Diffserv network. Basically they propose a scenario where dynamic
allocation in
the Diffserv network is performed by means of a "Bandwidth Broker".
The COPS protocol is used to support the communication between the Edge
Router and the Bandwidth Broker.

The first draft proposes the COPS extension to support Outsourcing
Diffserv Resource Allocation, defining a COPS-ODRA client type;
the second draft describes the interaction between RSVP and COPS in the
Edge Router;
the third draft proposes an API to interact with the COPS client (in our
case the API is used by the RSVP daemon).

We are in the process of implementing the proposed solution. We have
implemented the COPS-ODRA client side and server side. We are modifying
the RSVP
daemon for the interaction with COPS client. We already have implemented
a mapping
of RSVP to Diffserv on the data plane. You can ask for further
details...

We would like to hear comments... do you think this work can be of
interest of the issll working group ?

Please find below the abstract of the drafts...

Best regards
Stefano Salsano
Roberto Mameli

COPS Usage for Outsourcing Diffserv Resource Allocation

This document introduces a new client type for the COPS protocol to
support dynamic DiffServ admission control. The Policy Decision Point
(PDP) acts as a "Bandwidth Broker" for the Policy Enforcement Point
(PEP) which is requesting resources. The use of the defined mechanism is

suited for (but it is not limited to) the Integrated Services operation
over Diffserv networks.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salsano-issll-cops-odra-00.txt

Integrated services over DiffServ network using COPS-ODRA

This document details the IntServ operation over a DiffServ network in
the case of dynamic admission control procedure supported by the COPS
protocol. An RSVP aware Edge Router uses the COPS protocol in order to
query a Bandwidth Broker, which manages the resources within the
DiffServ domain. This document relies on the COPS extensions proposed in
the companion draft "COPS usage for Outsourcing DiffServ Resource
Allocation" [COPS-ODRA].

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mameli-issll-is-ds-cops-00.txt

The CCAPI (COPS Client Application Programming Interface)

This document focuses on the Admission Control functionality performed
by the Edge Router in the IntServ/DiffServ interworking scenario
described in [COPS-ISDS]. More precisely it describes the interaction
between the RSVP and the COPS protocols in the Edge Router and
introduces an API (Application Programming Interface) aimed at allowing
the intercommunication between them. Anyway, the API described here is
designed as a flexible interface, and should be able to support
communication between a generic application and the COPS Client Type
described in [COPS-ODRA].

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mameli-issll-cops-api-00.txt