Subject: Three new IDs submitted...

From: Roberto Mameli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:43:07 +0100

Dear all,

we have submitted three ID related to the Intserv operation over
Diffserv
network. Basically they propose a scenario where dynamic allocation in
the Diffserv network is performed by means of a "Bandwidth Broker".
The COPS protocol is used to support the communication between the Edge
Router and the Bandwidth Broker.

The first draft proposes the COPS extension to support Outsourcing
Diffserv
Resource Allocation, defining a COPS-ODRA client type;
the second draft describes the interaction between RSVP and COPS in the
Edge Router;
the third draft proposes an API to interact with the COPS client (in our
case
the API is used by the RSVP daemon).

We are in the process of implementing the proposed solution. We have
implemented
the COPS-ODRA client side and server side. We are modifying the RSVP
daemon for
the interaction with COPS client. We already have implemented a mapping
of
RSVP to Diffserv on the data plane. You can ask for further details...

We would like to hear comments... do you think this work can be of
interest
of the issll working group ?

Please find below the abstract of the drafts...

COPS Usage for Outsourcing Diffserv Resource Allocation

This document introduces a new client type for the COPS protocol to
support dynamic DiffServ admission control. The Policy Decision Point
(PDP) acts as a "Bandwidth Broker" for the Policy Enforcement Point
(PEP) which is requesting resources. The use of the defined mechanism is

suited for (but it is not limited to) the Integrated Services operation
over Diffserv networks.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salsano-issll-cops-odra-00.txt

Integrated services over DiffServ network using COPS-ODRA

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mameli-issll-is-ds-cops-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mameli-issll-cops-api-00.txt
--
Roberto Mameli
CoRiTeL - Consorzio di Ricerca sulle Telecomunicazioni

EMAIL : [email-masked]   URL     : http://www.coritel.it
TEL   : +39-06-20410038     ADDRESS : Via di Tor Vergata, 135
FAX   : +39-06-20410037               00133 Roma - ITALY