Subject: Pgh ISSLL mtg CANCELLED, and status report

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:47:07 -0400

Hi folks,

A couple of things.

First, we are planning to CANCEL the ISSLL meeting presently 
scheduled for the Pittsburgh IETF next week. This is, basically, 
because in our view there isn't currently enough on the agenda to 
justify a meeting.

In light of this, we thought a brief status report was in order.

1) The WG submitted four documents for publication as RFC's in May. These are:

    A Framework For Integrated Services Operation Over Diffserv Networks
    draft-ietf-issll-diffserv-rsvp-05.txt

    Format of the RSVP DCLASS Object
    draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt

    Specification of the Null Service Type
    draft-ietf-issll-nullservice-00.txt

    RSVP Reservations Aggregation
    draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-02.txt

The next step in this process is that these documents are reviewed by 
the IESG and then either put forward for IETF last call or returned 
to us to address any concerns raised by IESG members. We had 
allocated some meeting time for addressing any comments from the IESG 
or IETF last calls on these docs, but it turns out that they have not 
made it through this process yet, so we do not need this time.

2) The WG has one outstanding draft:

    Integrated Service Mappings for Differentiated Services Networks
    draft-ietf-issll-ds-map-00.txt

We had planned to have a revised version of this draft to discuss at 
the meeting, but unfortunately this did not get finished in time. 
There is a substantial amount of new technical work relevant to this 
draft under way - notably but certainly not only by Anna Charny, 
Jean-Yves Le Boudec, and Jim Roberts - but we did not have time to 
get all of this work into I-D form by the deadline. A new version of 
this draft will be issued shortly after the IETF.

3) Two drafts relevant to ISSLL were submitted by individual authors 
right before the I-D deadline. Although these drafts are not 
presently on the WG's work list and the authors did not ask for 
meeting time, we want to bring them to the attention of the WG.

- The first, draft-hamid-issll-hcap-00.txt, addresses some issues 
with the use of DCLASS objects raised in the course of the authors' 
implementation work. This work is related to the "DCLASS negotiation" 
issue raised in the WG at the recent Washington, DC, IETF. At that 
time the WG chose not to pursue the issue further, but it may be 
appropriate to give this a second look. Please send your comments to 
the mailing list.

- The second, draft-rk-diffserv-rsvp-sig-00.txt, has already received 
some discussion on the ISSLL mailing list. The author has not asked, 
and the WG chairs haven't yet considered, whether this work would be 
appropriately for the WG, but again any and all comments are welcome.

Cheers,
John and Eric