Subject: [geonet/its] Fwd: IPv6 Destination Option Requested for IPv6GEO

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:01:44 +0200

Hello geonetters,

In the 6MAN Working Group there is a draft proposal for the use of 
geo-coordinates in a Destination Options header of IPv6, preceding the 
payload.  Please see the announcement below.

The draft cites the geonet effort, and also lists a number of use-cases; 
some of them are clearly in scope of geonet.

In addition, please also note the list of drafts referred to by the 
discussion in that group which illustrates how the topic of geography 
and networking has been discussed earlier at IETF:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg21194.html

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : IPv6 Destination Option Requested for IPv6GEO
Date : Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:01:52 +0000
De : Templin, Fred L <[email-masked]>
Pour : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hello,

We would like to request the assignment of an IPv6 Destination Option
for including geolocation information in the headers of IPv6 packets
(IPv6GEO). Accordingly, we would like to request publication of our
document as a Proposed Standard:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-skeen-6man-ipv6geo/

Our reason is this. In our industry, there are many examples of nodes
that willingly submit themselves for active surveillance. If the last
thing ever heard from such a node is a single isolated IPv6 packet
or fragment, the surveillance authority will want to know where it
came from.

Comments?

Brian Skeen, Ed King, Fred Templin
The Boeing Company

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------