Subject: [geonet/its] C-ACC advancements at ETSI ITS

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 11:15:46 +0200

Hello,

ETSI ITS is advancing the TR 103 299 V0.0.2 of April 2015.
"Intelligent Transport System (ITS); Cooperative Adaptive Cruise
  Control (C-ACC); Pre-standardization study"

The standard is not ready for universal download, but ETSI participants
may find it.

In it, C-ACC is considered to be an application.

I think in practice it is possible to transmit the application-layer
messages of C-ACC over an IPv6 subnet of neighbors which are close to
each other (meters or tens of meters), on an 802.11p media.

How would you expect a C-ACC application to act on IP networks?

Alex

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 10:48:18 +0200

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015, Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
> How would you expect a C-ACC application to act on IP networks?

 I expect using cross layering, and separating control and data
communication planes.

AB