Subject: [its] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-04.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:42:56 +0200

Hello ITSers,

We have submitted a new version of the C-ACC/Platooning at SDOs I-D. It 
includes several additions:
- updated the gap analysis for Mobile IP HA placement, AODV ref.
- V2V concepts at more SDOs: Japan ARIB and ITS-info-comm,
   US SAE V2V, ITU-T Q27/SG16.
- editorial improvements and new authors and contributors.

Yours,

Alex Petrescu

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : I-D Action: draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-04.txt
Date : Mon, 19 Oct 2015 07:37:04 -0700
De : [email-masked]
Répondre à : [email-masked]
Pour : [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control and 
Platooning at SDOs and Gap Analysis
         Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                           James Huang
                           Thierry Ernst
                           Rex Buddenberg
                           Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
    This document describes the use-cases of Cooperative Adaptive Cruise
    Control, and Platooning, as defined by several Standards Development
    Organizations such as ETSI, IEEE P1609, SAE, 3GPP, ISO and FirstNet.

    C-ACC and Platooning involve concepts of direct vehicle-to-vehicle,
    and device-to-device communications, which are developed by 3GPP
    following on work done within the METIS EU project.  They are
    illustrated very clearly in emergency settings such as FirstNet.

    IP packets - instead of link-layer frames - are pertinent for C-ACC
    and Platooning use-cases because applications for road safety such as
    WAZE, iRezQ and Coyote (currently involving infrastructure) make use
    of IP messages, and have proved successful in deployments.
    Applications such as Sentinel operate directly between vehicles, but
    currently use messages not carried over IP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt