Subject: Re: [ipwave] Shepherd review of draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-12 - Normative text in Ethernet Adaptation Layer

From: "Scott Weeks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 19:04:01 -0800

--- [email-masked] wrote:
From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>

:: Ethernet is wired network high speed and it is with 
:: very lower noise compared with wireless.

I would believe most everyone here understands this in 
great detail...

:: We should not forget mobility in our use case.

Isn't that what this list is about?

scott

--- [email-masked] wrote:

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
To: its <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], François Simon <[email-masked]>, Russ Housley <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>, Richard Roy <[email-masked]>, Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [ipwave] Shepherd review of draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-12 - Normative text in Ethernet Adaptation Layer
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 03:22:00 +0200

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 9:32 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> On Feb 15, 2018, at 10:28 AM, Dick Roy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> *IMO you should stick to the network (and transport) layer, and let the
> DLL guys do their job.*
>
>
The problem is that their  job is not done, they are still amending to get
better performance (from ieee802.11p to ieee802.11px). IMO we can consider
performance when we transmit IPv6 over such job. Additionally, recommend
for better transmission quality.

>
> Just to be clear: the purpose of trying to provide an adaptation layer is
> so that we can simply reference RFC 2464 (and friends) "Transmission of
> IPv6 Packets over Ethernet Networks” and be done.
>

In wireless communication increasing frames header size decreases
performance. Using easy ways have always overheads. Ethernet is wired
network high speed and it is with very lower noise compared with wireless.
We should not forget mobility in our use case.

We need to reduce the overhead, and consider performance when transmitting
IPv6 over ieee802.11-ocb

AB

_______________________________________________
its mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its