Subject: [ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 04:40:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (IPWAVE): Problem Statement and Use Cases
        Author          : Jaehoon Paul Jeong (editor)
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-08.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2019-03-24

Abstract:
   This document discusses the problem statement and use cases of IP-
   based vehicular networking for Intelligent Transportation Systems
   (ITS).  The main scenarios of vehicular communications are vehicle-
   to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle-to-
   everything (V2X) communications.  First, this document surveys use
   cases using V2V, V2I, and V2X networking.  Second, it analyzes
   proposed protocols for IP-based vehicular networking and highlights
   the limitations and difficulties found on those protocols.  Third, it
   presents a problem exploration for key aspects in IP-based vehicular
   networking, such as IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, Mobility Management, and
   Security & Privacy.  For each key aspect, this document discusses a
   problem statement to evaluate the gap between the state-of-the-art
   techniques and requirements in IP-based vehicular networking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/