Subject: [ipwave] Hackathon ideas about IP-over-OCB

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 14:21:18 +0200

A few ideas were exchanged in private about what IP-over-OCB matters 
could go in a Hackathon.

The ones that are open source I put them here:

- ath9k driver on OCB mode in linux, and IPv6 ping on it.
   This should be straightforward.

- ath10k driver on OCB mode in linux, and IPv6 ping on it.
   This needs to use new WiFi cards like 802.11ac at 5.9GHz.
   If it works fine then we are safe to assume that when  802.11bd comes
   out the IPv6-over-OCB document will still be relevant.  One wouldnt
   like to write another IPv6-over-OCBbd document.

- report from Marvell driver running at 5.9GHz on a linux machine on a
   wifi card that hosts a Marvell chip.  The report should say whether
   yes or no IPv6 works on it ok, whether it uses QoS Data headers or no,
   what is the achieved bandwidth, etc.

- make OCB mode work on FreeBSD.  OCB is in linux mainline but how about
   BSD?
   I never could find whether there is some OCB option in the BSD
   configuration kernel.
   Many RFCs are written by the MAC and BSD inclined.

- 802.11 QoS Data headers in OCB mode for IPv6 in linux.
   Tweak the queues so they work in OCB mode too.
   With response from it we should be more safe to assume QoS
   Headers as a mandatory feature in the IPv6-over-OCB document.
   Without response from it, myself personally I would be very doubtful
   about the mandatory presence of QoS Data headers in the IPv6-over-OCB
   document.

Alex

---

From: Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 10:48:46 +0100

Thank you Alex,

I'm planning to lead the track of ITS in an upcoming hackathon to be held
in June at the African Internet Summit.

I will try different cards OCB capable and will see how it goes.

On Thu, May 2, 2019, 13:21 Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>