Subject: [ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 21:21:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (IPWAVE): Problem Statement and Use Cases
        Author          : Jaehoon Paul Jeong (editor)
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-09.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2019-05-24

Abstract:
   This document discusses the problem statement and use cases of IP-
   based vehicular networking for Intelligent Transportation Systems
   (ITS).  The main scenarios of vehicular communications are vehicle-
   to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle-to-
   everything (V2X) communications.  First, this document explains use
   cases using V2V, V2I, and V2X networking.  Next, it makes a problem
   statement about key aspects in IP-based vehicular networking, such as
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, Mobility Management, and Security & Privacy.
   For each key aspect, this document specifies requirements in IP-based
   vehicular networking, and suggests the direction of solutions
   satisfying those requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 13:29:39 +0900

Hi IPWAVE WG,
I have submitted the revision of our IPWAVE PS draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-09

According to the request of Sri and Russ, this version is focused on
the problem statement about three key aspects of IP-based vehicular
networking,
such as Neighbor Discovery, Mobility Management, and Security & Privacy.

For the Neighbor Discovery, I used Pascal's text about the problem
statement about
the ND at 802.11-OCB.
Thanks for Pascal's contribution, and I acknowledged his contribution in
the draft.

Carlos,
Could you review this version and give me your comments to move forward
toward WGLC?

Thanks.

Paul

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 1:22 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments
> (IPWAVE): Problem Statement and Use Cases
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 18:04:50 +0200

Hi Paul,

> Could you review this version and give me your comments to move forward

I first want to see that reviewers of previous version (Sri, ...) are OK
with current version. Please ask them to confirm on the mailing list that
they are happy with latest version.

Thanks,

Carlos

-- 
Special Issue "Beyond 5G Evolution":
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/beyond_5g

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 09:50:02 +0900

Hi Charlie and Sri,
Could you review the revised draft for IPWAVE PS and confirm that you are
happy with the revision?

Your confirmation can allow for the next step of our PS draft.

If you have some places to improve, please let me know.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul