Subject: [ipwave] Security review

From: Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 23:08:46 +0100

Hi IPwavers,

As you may have noticed, our draft is now in the ballot process.

We got the following 'Discuss' comments:

The AD (Roman Danyliw)  is asking

A few items per the text in the Security Considerations (Section 5):

(1) Section 5.  Per “A previous work at SAVI WG identifies some
threats [RFC6959], while SeND presented in [RFC3971] and [RFC3972] is
a solution against address theft but it is complex and not deployed.”,
a few questions:

** What specific threats from RFC6959 are of concern?  Which
mitigations for them are being proposed?

** Why mention SeND if it is “complex and not deployed”?

This sentence has been added during the initial review process befor
the IESG stage. I just propose to remove it.

Best regards
Nabil Benamar
-------------------
نبيل بنعمرو