Subject: [ipwave] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-47: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 06:32:21 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-47: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

§4.3: I think that the MAYs used in this section are out of place as they only
state facts and not Normative behavior.   s/MAY/may

§4.5.2: "Future improvement to this specification SHOULD consider solutions for
these problems."  I understand the interest to consider the problems...but I
don't think there's any Normative action that results from using SHOULD. 
s/SHOULD/should

---

From: Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 16:01:19 +0100

Dear Alvaro,

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated!

Shall we replace them by 'can' ?

> don't think there's any Normative action that results from using SHOULD.

I agree. There is no specific Normative action, but MAY or MUST do not make
sens in this context!

Thanks again for your comments.

-- 

Best Regards

Nabil Benamar
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Sciences
School of Technology
Moulay Ismail University
Meknes. Morocco

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 19:45:41 +0000

On July 5, 2019 at 11:01:31 AM, Nabil Benamar ([email-masked])
wrote:

§4.3: I think that the MAYs used in this section are out of place as they
only
state facts and not Normative behavior.   s/MAY/may

Sure…that works for me.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 21:09:08 +0100

Thank you, Alvaro!

I will update the draft as soon as I receive ALL remaining comments from
the reviewers.

All the Best

-- 

Best Regards

Nabil Benamar
Associate Professor