Subject: [ipwave] Protocol Action: 'Basic Support for IPv6 over IEEE Std 802.11 Networks Operating Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-52.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 14:51:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Basic Support for IPv6 over IEEE Std 802.11 Networks Operating Outside
   the Context of a Basic Service Set'
  (draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-52.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular
Environments Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Éric Vyncke and Suresh Krishnan.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the mechanisms for transmission of IPv6 datagrams over
IEEE 802.11-OCB mode. It is based on existing IPv6 over Ethernet documents and
focuses on the aspects specific to IEEE 802.11-OCB mode. This document is the
main charter item of the IPWAVE working group.

Working Group Summary

The document has been reviewed several times within the WG. It also has been
reviewed by 6man (as specified in the IPWAVE WG charter). Authors have addressed
the comments received and 6man has not raised additional issues. It also received 
several directorate reviews.

Document Quality

There was an implementation of this done at the IETF 104 hackathon and it was
presented at the ipwave WG meeting. 

Personnel

The document shepherd is Carlos J. Bernardos. The responsible Area Director is
Suresh Krishnan.