Subject: [ipwave] Feedback from presenting to ITU C-ITS

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 11:22:48 +0100

Hi, IPWAVErs,

Recently I had an opportunity to present remotely about IPWAVE WG to the
International Telecom Union's (ITU) Collaboration on ITS Communication 
Standards (C-ITS) meeting.

I received some feedback from the audience that I would like to share:

- Events about Cellular technology in China shed light on a potential
   need to consider Cellular too for cars.

- it may appear that a discrepancy between DSRC and 5G-V2X technologies
   might create problems for end users of technology of communication in
   cars.  It would be advantageous to try to avoid such problems.

- one would like to see progress at IETF on work on:
   - IPv6 on cellular
   - IPv6 on signals (traffic lights) for use-cases such as law
     enforcement, fire departments, medical emergency (police, fire
     truck, ambulance), eco-driving, autonomous driving.
   - it would be advantageous if all efforts could be consolidated into
     just one, for signals.

- there were other comments I couldnt fully capture.

Yours,

Alex

PS: the presentation slidesets from the other SDOs
- ITU-T SG12, CCSA, IEEE 802.11 TGbd, FG-VM, TIAA, 5GAA, SG20, CEN 
TC278, SG17, W3C Automotive WG, SAE Cellular V2X, ETSI TC ITS, C2C-CC, 
SG16, TTC WG on Connected Car, WWRF VIP WG The Connected Car, UNECE TF, 
IEEE VTS Standards -
are currently available freely on the website 
https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/extcoop/cits/Pages/default.aspx through the 
agenda appearing at the right and titled "Draft Agenda​ (R3)" 
https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/extcoop/cits/Documents/Meeting-20191028-e-meeting/01R3_Chair_draft_agenda-Emeeting.docx