Subject: [Jmap] Comment on draft-ietf-jmap-core-04

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:04:20 +0000

I've reviewed the diff from -02 and see very good changes in the last
couple of versions. Thank you!

One comment based on recent changes:

5.1.  Uploading binary data

   o  *type*: "String" The media type of the file (as specified in
      [RFC6838], section 4.2) as set in the Content-Type header of the
      upload HTTP request, with CFWS collapsed to SP and
      [RFC2231]/[RFC2047] encoding removed.

So if this just contains a media type, you don't need to talk about CFWS
and RFC 2231/2047 encoding.
If this is a normalized Content-Type parameter, you should say so instead.

---

From: Neil Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 02:22:24 +1100

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018, at 2:04 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>   o  **type**: "String" The media type of the file (as specified in
>       [RFC6838], section 4.2) as set in the Content-Type header of the>       upload HTTP request, with CFWS collapsed to SP and
> So if this just contains a media type, you don't need to talk
> about CFWS> and RFC 2231/2047 encoding.

Yep, you're right: it's just the media type. I'll strip the end of
that sentence.
Cheers,
Neil.