Subject: [Jmap] Multiple responses for method?

From: Daniel Gultsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:37:26 +0000

Hi,

are multiple responses for the same method call still a thing in JMAP?
I remember them being used to trigger subsequent calls (get after
changes) before back references were introduced. Now they seem
obsolete (at least I can’t find an actual use case) however Example
3.3.1 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-jmap-core-14#section-3.3.1)
still has them and the text above that example neither specifically
allows nor forbids them.

Is there a 1:1 relationship between request and response or a 1:n? And
should this be explicitly specified?

cheers
Daniel

---

From: "Neil Jenkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 23:23:58 -0500

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jmap-core-14#section-3.2

 (a method may return 1 or more responses, as it may make
 implicit calls to other methods; all responses initiated by
 this method call get the same client id in the response).

See the real-world example in Section 7.5.1 of the mail spec <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jmap-mail-14#section-7.5.1>, where the EmailSubmission call makes an implicit Email/set call to move the message from "drafts" to "sent" if it sends successfully.

Cheers,
Neil.