Subject: [Jmap] Mirja Kühlewind's Block on charter-ietf-jmap-01-01: (with BLOCK)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 06:43:24 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-jmap-01-01: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-jmap/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually have a question about this how new transport part:
"New transports for transporting JMAP will have security properties
   comparable to HTTPS. In particular they have to require TLS."
Is the intention actually to have a "transport other https" or rather something
on top of https? I really would like to see further explanation here what this
is heading to!

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 09:52:53 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-jmap/

Honestly, we only care about WSS (Websocket over TLS) transport. So maybe the charter should just say that?

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 16:39:24 +0200

> On 2. May 2019, at 15:52, Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
Yes, please!

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 10:53:08 -0400

> > Honestly, we only care about WSS (Websocket over TLS) transport. So maybe the charter should just say that?

Check the latest text, I just updated the Charter to read:

Extensions to the existing core and mail JMAP specifications are also
within scope for this working group, for example any additional parts
of SIEVE, IMAP, SMTP submission, as well as transport of JMAP over
WSS (WebSocket over TLS, RFC 6455).

and I removed 4).

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 17:08:17 +0200

Okay, released my block. Thanks! :-)

> On 2. May 2019, at 16:53, Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>