Subject: [Jmap] Benjamin Kaduk's Block on charter-ietf-jmap-01-00: (with BLOCK)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 17:08:35 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-jmap-01-00: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-jmap/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If we're going to be talking about new transports (e.g., websockets, or the more
generic "different protocols than HTTPS"), we should say something about ensuring
that the appropriate security properties are retained in the new setup(s).

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 06:26:57 -0400

Hi Benjamin,

I've added the following to the Charter:

4) New transports for transporting JMAP will have security properties
   comparable to HTTPS. In particular they have to require TLS.

The only proposal on the table is based on WSS, so this is no brainer.

Best Regards,
Alexey