Subject: [Jmap] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-04: (with DISCUSS)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:41:02 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-04: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I understand correctly, in JMAP transport confidentiality is required to use
for requests and in WebSocket it is required to implement but not required to
use. Which set of requirements applies to the binding specified in this
document?

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 13:06:20 +0000

Hi Alissa,

> use. Which set of requirements applies to the binding specified in this

Well spotted. I think wss:// is intended here.

It looks like the editor is on holidays, so I will wait for him to confirm.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 09:16:51 -0500

I will carve out some time next week to address all of the IESG comments.

-- 
Ken Murchison
Cyrus Development Team
Fastmail US LLC