Subject: [Jmap] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 20:51:04 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the DISCUSS positions that suggest explicit text to require
encryption.

I think that RFC 7692 needs to be a normative reference.  The IESG statement
about references (
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/normative-informative-references/
) says this:

     Note 1: Even references that are relevant only for optional features must
     be classified as normative if they meet the above conditions for normative
     references.