Subject: Re: [karp] WGLC of draft-ietf-karp-ospf-analysis-03

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 14:37:34 -0400

Hi.
Looking at the draft I'd prefer to address your two comments by updating
the solutions work section to add a paragraph  describing what has been
accomplished.
I think that works better than  working the solution work back in
throughout the rest of the draft.
The intent of this analysis was to capture the work that lead to
deciding we need the solutions.
>>>>> "Sean" == Sean Turner <[email-masked]> writes:
    Sean> Also should this sentence be changed:

    Sean> OLD:

    Sean> A security solution will be developed for OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 based on
    Sean> the OSPFv2 cryptographic authentication option.

    Sean> NEW:

    Sean> A security solution will be developed for OSPFv3 based on the OSPFv2
    Sean> cryptographic authentication option.

No, it's correct as written.  we're updating both ospfv2 and v3.  For
both we're using the existing v2 as a basis.  For v3 it's an entirely
new option.  For v2 it's a new option that handles source address,
requires enough constraints that we get inter-connection replay, etc.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:20:58 -0400

Sam,

That's okay by me.

spt

On 6/6/12 2:37 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
>>>>>> "Sean" == Sean Turner<[email-masked]>  writes: