Subject: [kitten] Protocol Action: 'GSS-API Naming Extensions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-naming-exts-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:47:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'GSS-API Naming Extensions'
  (draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-naming-exts-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Authentication Technology Next
Generation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-naming-exts/

Technical Summary

  The Generic Security Services API (GSS-API) provides a simple naming
  architecture that supports name-based authorization.  This document
  introduces new APIs that extend the GSS-API naming model to support
  name attribute transfer between GSS-API peers.

Working Group Summary

  Nothing worth noting regarding WG process.

Document Quality

  This protocol has been implemented in the MIT 1.8 release.  At least 
  one other vendor has plans on implementing this in the future as well.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Shawn Emery
  The responsible AD is Stephen Farrell