Subject: [kitten] review of draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-extensions-iana-07

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:39:52 +0100

Folks,
   
I've reviewed version -07. I general I think the document is in good shape.
Reading through it I've found a small set of relatively minor nits.

- Object Type: A long list of things like "Function" and "Integer" is given
but  the description text basically sais these are just examples. I suggest
replacing the list with the following text

<Symbol> defined by the binding language

- Registration Rules: Suggest change to say:

"<Reference> to Policy defined by [RFC5226] or an RFC that
updates [RFC5226], for instance ..."

Finally, I  find the guidelines to Expert reviewers to be somewhat hard to
follow. The final paragraph in section 8.2.2 to me basically reads as "use 
your good judgement".

Personally I would find it difficult to draw any guidance from that text
but I
fully understand if this horse has been flogged enough.

            Cheers Leif

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:56:01 +0000

> Folks,
Hi Leif,
Thank you for the review.
> updates [RFC5226], for instance ..."
Ok, these can be done.
> but I fully understand if this horse has been flogged enough.
The short answer to this is: if we know what the exact guidance is, we 
wouldn't need to use the Expert Review. So this is by design.

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 16:36:19 +0100

> wouldn't need to use the Expert Review. So this is by design.
I object to that answer.

Expert review should absolutely have guidance. I'm fine saying "use your
good
judgement" or not even having a guidance section and relying on implicit
good sense.

However, the current text claims to provide guidance to reviewers but
probably
won't help anyone who doesn't already understand what to do.

I say skip it, but if ppl are really married to it I'm fine with that
too :-)

            Cheers Leif