Subject: [kitten] Protocol Action: 'Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 06:49:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets'
  (draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Authentication Technology Next
Generation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator/

Technical Summary

This document specifies a new authorization data element for Kerberos.
This element is designed to contain an indication of the nature of
the initial authentication, for subsequent use in policy decisions.

Working Group Summary

This document is short and simple, and had broad support for adoption
when it was first introduced, even eliciting comments from
WG participants that are usually silent.

Document Quality

This is a Standards-Track document as befits its intended role as a
standard part of Kerberos implementations, and Updates RFC 4120 in
accordance with that intention for the new data type to be implemented
in tandem with implementations of RFC 4120.

Personnel

Benjamin Kaduk is the document shepherd.  Stephen Farrell is the
responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

The ASN.1 references deliberately do refer to versions of
those specs that are old. That is intentional, as those are
the version of ASN.1 that we know works and we confirmed
that with the authors and wg chairs. So no need to ask the 
authors if they'd like to update those references to the
latest and greatest.