Subject: [kitten] RFC 8070 on Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) Freshness Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 10:23:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8070

        Title:      Public Key Cryptography for Initial 
                    Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) 
                    Freshness Extension 
        Author:     M. Short, Ed.,
                    S. Moore, 
                    P. Miller
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16348
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-freshness-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8070

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8070

This document describes how to further extend the Public Key
Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT)
extension (defined in RFC 4556) to exchange an opaque data blob that
a Key Distribution Center (KDC) can validate to ensure that the
client is currently in possession of the private key during a PKINIT
Authentication Service (AS) exchange.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC