Subject: VPMS Framework & Requirements

From: Giles Heron <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:57:36 +0000

Hi everyone,

At IETF82 in Taipei we polled the room to ask if there was any interest by
non-authors in the VPMS Framework & Requirements draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpms-frmwk-requirements-04

There were no hands raised in the room, and hence we decided to poll the
working group list to see if there's any interest.

So would people please respond within the next two weeks (i.e. by Tuesday
January 24th) if they have interest in seeing this draft progressed to RFC.
Responses by non-authors, and by carriers, would be especially welcome.

If there is sufficient interest in seeing this draft progress we will
attempt to arrange for expert review of the draft before progressing it to
RFC.

Nabil & Giles

---

From: "Yuji KAMITE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:22:26 +0900

Yes, I'm happy to work on this.

Yuji

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Giles Heron
> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:58 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: VPMS Framework & Requirements
> 
> Hi everyone,
>

---

From: "Rogers, Josh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:40:49 -0500

We have adopted L2VPN, and in practice find only a handful of shortfalls.  At the top of the list of shortfalls is 'ability to prevent customer traffic that has egressed the L2VPN from re-entering', in other words 'loop prevention on ACs', and also 'efficient support of multicast customer traffic'.

Customers are 'turned off' when we tell them that our service will treat their multicast just like it was broadcast.

in short, I have interest.

On 01/10/2012 08:57 AM, Giles Heron wrote:

Hi everyone,

Nabil & Giles

________________________________
This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.