Subject: I-D: Extension to signaling in VPLS for E-Tree

From: "Sam Cao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 22:47:47 +0800

Hi L2VPN Group members,

L2VPN group will converge one single solution on E-Tree, and I wish this
daft can share some good idea for that. 

I updated "Extension to signaling in VPLS for E-Tree"
(http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-cao-l2vpn-vpls-etree-01.txt) per some
feedback. This draft can implement E-Tree easily with minor extension on
VPLS application (RFC 4762, RFC 4761, RFC 6074). In one word, this draft
will create one or more PWs (Maximum is 3 PWs) between PEs in a VPLS domain,
but just breaks communication path between Leaf endpoints, so after PW are
created, data plane will not care where the frame originated from. If there
is one PW binding two ACs, the forwarding is allowed.

This is nearly similar to "VPLS PE Model for E-Tree Support", but the latter
solution uses Root VLAN ID and Leaf VLAN ID to indicate the frames, but
still one single PW between PEs in one VPLS domain. This is big difference,
I think. Data plane also participate in forwarding decision in "Extension to
LDP-VPLS for E-Tree Using Two PW". 

Could you please review it and collaborate on the mailing list, or direct to
the author? Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you very much for your time,

Regards,

Yuqun(Sam) Cao