Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:09:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PBB-EVPN
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          Sami Boutros
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Aldrin Isaac
                          Lizhong Jin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-06-20

Abstract:
   This document discusses how Ethernet Provider Backbone Bridging
   [802.1ah] can be combined with E-VPN in order to reduce the number of
   BGP MAC advertisement routes by aggregating Customer/Client MAC (C-
   MAC) addresses via Provider Backbone MAC address (B-MAC), provide
   client MAC address mobility using C-MAC aggregation and B-MAC sub-
   netting, confine the scope of C-MAC learning to only active flows,
   offer per site policies and avoid C-MAC address flushing on topology
   changes. The combined solution is referred to as PBB-EVPN.

Conventions

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/