Subject: Question on Extensible Match Filter

From: "Mcauliffe, Kristin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:02:34 -0500

I am working on LDAP v3 Search filters and cannot seem to get a return from
the DS servers (Netscape, Novell NDS and MS AD) that I am testing using the
Extensible Match string.  I am following the definition identified in
RFC2254 and those identified in Chapter 3 of "Understanding and Deploying
LDAP DS" (and the examples).  I have used both the assertion syntax and the
value syntax. 

The results received are:  

Bind operation successful.
ldap_search_s:  Protocol error 
ldap_search_s:  additional info: Bad search filter

Any guidance would be appreciated.

=====================================
Kristin McAuliffe
Center for Information Technology Standards
DISA
[email-masked]
=====================================

---

From: John Kristian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:11:46 -0800

Your query is somewhat off-topic here.  A better forum would be
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.server.directory or
news://news.mozilla.org/netscape.public.mozilla.directory
See also http://help.netscape.com/products/server/directory/index.html

"Mcauliffe, Kristin" wrote:

> I ... cannot seem to get a return from the DS servers (Netscape, Novell NDS
> and MS AD) that I am testing using the Extensible Match string.

http://home.netscape.com/eng/server/directory/4.1/admin/find.htm#1041100
might be helpful.