Subject: draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-01.txt

From: Mike Just <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:13:40 -0500

Please publish this second draft of our document entitled "LDAPv3 Result
Codes: Definitions and Appropriate Use".   

Comments on this draft would be greatly appreciated.  

Changes from -00 include the addition of the following sections:
-  Sections 1.1 which describes the relationship to X.500;
-  Section 3 which overviews the draft contents; and
-  Section 6.1 which indicates the result codes applicable to all
operations.
In addition, there were several smaller changes.  

Mike Just

----------------------------------------

Abstract:
   The purpose of this document is to describe, in some detail, the
   meaning and use of the result codes used with the LDAPv3 protocol.
   Of particular importance are the error codes, which represent the
   majority of the result codes.  This document provides definitions for
   each result code, and outlines the expected behaviour of the various
   operations with respect to how result codes and in particular, error
   conditions should be handled and which specific error code should be
   returned.

   It is hoped that this document will facilitate interoperability
   between clients and servers and the development of intelligent LDAP
   clients capable of acting upon the results received from the server.

 <<draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-01.txt>>