Subject: RE:

From: "Ramsay, Ron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:10:56 +1000

I would suggest using the groupOfNames attribute in an DL entry.

Ron.

-----Original Message-----
From: Herbers, Brett [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, 16 June 2000 5:47
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: 

	Hello,
		I got the word that you might be able to help me with a
problem that has arose, so I though that I might look into it.  I heard that
you knew LDAP and DL's fairly well.  I have currently implementd an ldap
client in C for the Xerox global address book.  This client is in the Unix
operating system.  It works great, however it is not recognizing the
distribution lists from the central location of the global address book.  Is
there a way to implement distribution lists in LDAP?? If so, what is the
best way to go about it??  We do not want to totally implement distribution
lists in our client, we only want the client to retrieve DL's from the Xerox
LDAP server.  Thanks for your consideration of this message. Thanks Again!!

	Brett L. Herbers
	Software Development (OSG)
	Bld. 820
	Fairport, NY