Subject: Calling LDAP Application Developers

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 17:35:02 +0100

Hi -

With IBM, iPlanet, Iris, and Microsoft now registered for DirConnect6
(Novell still to confirm), you have a great chance to test your LDAP
applications against the major server implementations!

DirConnects are informal interoperability testing events. There is a set of
test data and associated tests availale to run, or you can do your own
tests. They are engineering events - if something doesn't work when you try
to interoperate with another product, you have a chance to sort the problem
out at an engineering level with the vendor concerned.

DirConnect 6 will be held in Austin, Texas on June 21-22. You don't need to
make elaborate preparations - just put your application on a laptop and get
on a plane!

This DirConnect is being held jointly by The Open Group and the Directory
Interoperability Forum (DIF), with reduced attendance rates for members of
either organization.

You can find out more about the event, and register for it, via
http://www.opengroup.org/directory/dc6/index.htm

Be there!

Regards,

Chris
+++++

========================================================================
                     THE DIRECTORY-ENABLED ENTERPRISE:
                     26-27 June, 2000   Austin, Texas
    
                 The State-of-the-Art of Directory Products, 
                          The Customer Perspective,
                The Vision of the Directory-Enabled Enterprise.

                 http://www.opengroup.org/public/member/q300/

           Chris Harding
  T H E    Directory Program Manager
 O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked]  Phone:  +44 118 950 8311 x2262
           WWW: http://www.opengroup.org   Mobile: +44 771 8588820  
========================================================================