Subject: RE: IPP> SLP Schema OIDs

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:00:56 -0700

Hi James,

Fine - using the 'srvloc.org' enterprise root sounds good.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
  (co-editor of SLP and LDAP printer schemas)
  High North Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: James Kempf [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 9:35 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: IPP> SLP Schema OIDs

In response to concern expressed by IPP group members about the use
of Sun-assigned OIDs in the SLP template to schema conversion draft,
I attempted to obtain a nonaffiliated root from IANA. Unfortuantely,
they have not yet replied to my request. So, in an
effort to move the SLP template conversion draft forward, I obtained
an Enterprise Number from IANA for SrvLoc.Org, for which I've been
assigned as the responsible party. SrvLoc.Org is the web site we've
been using for SLP information. I will use this enterprise number to
derive the OIDs for the SLP template draft.

If anybody has any objection to this, please let me know.

		jak