Subject: RFC 2830 on LDAPv3: Extension for Transport Layer Security

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:04:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2830

        Title:	    Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3):
                    Extension for Transport Layer Security 
        Author(s):  J. Hodges, R. Morgan, M. Wahl
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       May 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24469
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-tls-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2830.txt

This document defines the "Start Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Operation" for LDAP [LDAPv3, TLS]. This operation provides for TLS
establishment in an LDAP association and is defined in terms of an
LDAP extended request.

This document is a product of the LDAP Extension Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.