Subject: C API I-D

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:56:33 -0700

What has happened to the c api spec? Its no longer mentiononed on the WG IETF
web page, nor is it an I-D or an RFC or in the RFC editor queue.

Is there a more recent version than 4?

Thanks in advance

Paul Moore

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:59:08 -0700

At 01:56 PM 8/15/00 -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
>What has happened to the c api spec?

There is no current I-D for the work item.  IIRC, the WG
is due a summary of outstanding issues and recommendations
from the "engineering team" assembled to discuss/resolve these
issues.  I believe Mark Smith, the document editor, is
working on this summary.  However, Mark is on sabbatical at the
moment, so I'd suspect there will be some further delay
before the summary is posted.

>Its no longer mentiononed on the WG IETF web page,

C API is still listed as a work item of the WG and, I
believe, it's still be worked.  It's just that there is
no current I-D for this work item.

>Is there a more recent version than 4?

There is currently on IETF C API I-D, rev 04 was the last
to be removed from the repository.

Kurt

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:45:25 -0700

>before the summary is posted.

FYI, Mark actually posted a message detailing some of the issues
in a previous thread "IETF LDAPEXT WG draft agenda":
  http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapext/200007/msg00290.html

Though this could be yet another demonstration of my fogged memory,
I'm thought Mark was working on a summary of the engineering
teams discussions (which have concluded).  The summary should
enumerated each of the major issues discussed and the outcome
of those discussions (including any specific recommendations).

Kurt