Subject: comments on draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-11.txt

From: "Steven Merrill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 11:24:30 -0600

The Internet Draft defines DEREF_FINDING = 1 and DEREF_SEARCHING = 2. RFC 2251 defines derefInSearching = 1 and derefFindingBaseObj = 2. The ID should be updated to reflect the 2251 definitions.

-Steve

From Internet Draft:
4.39.13 setOption

                     LDAPConnection.DEREF_FINDING (1)  aliases are
                                                  dereferenced when
                                                  finding the starting
                                                  point for the search
                                                  (but not when
                                                  searching under that
                                                  starting entry).

                     LDAPConnection.DEREF_SEARCHING (2)Aliases are
                                                  dereferenced when
                                                  searching the entries
                                                  beneath the starting
                                                  point of the search
                                                  (but not when finding
                                                  the starting entry).

From RFC 2251:
                derefAliases    ENUMERATED {
                        neverDerefAliases       (0),
                        derefInSearching        (1),
                        derefFindingBaseObj     (2),
                        derefAlways             (3) },